Monday, July 27, 2015

Fashion and Culture

la blogger

green and navy blue

colors

Top: Zara / Skirt: Nordstrom / Sandals: Gap / Clutch: Old / Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs

Does culture influence fashion or does fashion influence culture? Have you ever noticed that when you go to certain areas of any city or town, you see how the style changes and the culture of the town. If one were to go to a big city, culture is a little lost and fashion is a big influence where as in a smaller town, fashion is not as important as culture itself. This weekend when I was in West Hollywood, I noticed that the style was a lot different than the city I live in, which is in Los Angeles but a smaller suburb called Sherman Oaks. In West Hollywood everyone and everything was so colorful and bright, it just made me want to dress in the most trendy outfit there is. However, while I was in Sherman Oaks, I was in a Cuban mood and I threw on this outfit. I felt as though in different areas one beats the other, and yes in Sherman Oaks fashion beats culture, but what about in other cities or counties where fashion doesn't play a big role? 

3 comments:

  1. so amazing look ; -))


    i invite to me too

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful look!
    Great wall painting!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/2015/07/giveaway-evil-eyetote-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely green skirt. It matches well with the background. I hope you enjoyed your vacation and honeymoon Christine.

    nophienicko.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete